Singapore’s work visa for innovative entrepreneurs
Entrepreneur Pass which is also known as an “EntrePass” is a kind of Singapore work visa specifically designed for business founders and operators with substantial share holdings. The Singapore Entrepreneur Pass comes in 3 categories which are graded by the applicants qualifications. The basis of all these types of Entrepreneur Pass visas is not only dependant on salary, education, and work experience but also on a set of requirements on the sponsoring company.
Benefits of Singapore Entrepreneur Pass
- Ability to sponsor family members for Dependant’s Pass
- Ability to support other dependants with Long Term Visit Pass (For P1 and P2 EP Only)
- Eligibility for application for Permanent Residence in Singapore
We make doing business in Singapore easy
Find answers to your questions about incorporation, Immigration and Corporate Services.
Submit your registration or application
We simplify preparing and filing documents
You will receive documents for your completed registration or application
Singapore’s Entrepreneurship Visa
Why apply for an Entrepreneur Pass?
The Singapore Entrepreneur Pass offers a path into Singapore for new business owners
The EntrePass offers the ability for newly formed or soon to be formed companies to obtain work visas for its founders and significant share holders. In cases that might make it difficult for a business to obtain an Employment Pass for its key employees this opens the door for granting Singapore work visas. The Entrepreneur Pass holder like the Employment Pass holder is also eligible to apply for Permanent Residence in Singapore. Learn more on Singapore Permanent Residence.
Top-tier of Entrepreneur visa in Singapore
The P1 EntrePass is geared towards business founders with a supporting well qualified company which exceed a set level of finances, a strong business plan as well as a high personal income. As a benefit P1 EntrePass holders can sponsor Dependant’s Pass and Long Term Visit Pass for qualified dependants.
Middle-tier of Entrepreneur visa in Singapore
The P2 EntrePass is geared towards business founders and operators with the support from a well qualified company with a strong business plan and a moderate level salary. As far as benefits go the only short comings for a P2 pass holder are the inability to sponsor Long Term Visit Pass for their parents and less of a likelihood for a successful application for Permanent Residence in Singapore
The EntrePass for young Entrepreneurs and qualified startups
The Q1 EntrePass is geared towards younger innovative founders of startups, especially those involved with a qualified incubator, venture capitalist, or government affiliated institution. The criteria on salary and other aspects are also less stringent on the individual applicant in general as long as the company itself is well qualified. The disadvantages of a Q1 EntrePass when compared with P1 and P2 EntrePass is the inability to sponsor any Long Term Visit Pass.
Types of Businesses not Eligible
These types of business can not support an EntrePass
Coffee shops, hawker centres, food courts, bars, night clubs, karaoke lounges, Foot reflexology, massage parlours, Acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, herbal dispensing, employment agencies, geomancy
Sponsoring Company Requirements
Qualifications for the supporting company
The company that is being founded in Singapore that will be sponsoring the EntrePass must meet or exceed the following requirements on registration, funding, legality, ownership. The supporting Private Limited company must be registered with Singapore’s Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority within 6 months from the date of applying for the EntrePass. The Company must have at least $50,000 in paid-up capital in it’s bank account. The business must be legal in nature by Singapore law. The EntrePass applicant must own a minimum of 30% of the company. Beyond those requirements the company must meet at least 1 of the following qualifications:
Recognised source of funding
- Must be an accredited Venture Capitalist or Angel Investor
- A minimum of $100,000 investment from this source
- Supporting document of shareholding must be provided
Intellectual Property Registration
- Ownership of IP registered in Singapore
- Ownership must be in at least 1 of the shareholder’s names
- The IP must be relevant for the business conducted by the company
- In collaboration with a recognised institution
- No restrictions on the duration of collaboration
- The recognised institution must provide a point of contact
- Must be ongoing research
Part of an Incubator
- Must be a government supported incubator
- Must already be accepted as part of the incubator
- The company’s work must be relevant to the supported activities by the incubator
Other Singapore Work Visa Types to Consider
Singapore provides a variety of work visas, passes and permits for many different needs
While we usually recommend qualified foreigners wishing to live and work in Singapore to apply for an Employment Pass there are several other Singapore work visa options
Singapore Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)
- Self-supported Employment pass, does not require company support
- Minimum of $12,000 per month salary on Singapore-based income, or $18,000 per month for foreign-based income
- Ability to support Dependant’s Pass for family members
- Ability to support Long Term visit Pass for Parents, common-law spouse, handicapped adult children and step children
- considered a stepping stone towards obtaining a Singapore Permanent Residence
- Learn more about a Singapore Personalised Employment Pass
Singapore Employment Pass (E Pass)
- Must meet salary requirements to qualify
- Possess a degree from a recognised institution and/or
- Adequate relevant work experience
- Ability to support Dependant’s Pass for family members
- Long Term Visit Pass for other non-dependant’s pass qualifying family members and loved ones for certain salaries
- Learn more about a Singapore Employment Pass.
Skilled Labour Pass (S Pass)
- Designed for mid-level skilled workers
- Singapore does impose a quota system on S Passes issued
- Requires a minimum salary of $2,200 per month
- Learn more about a Singapore Skilled Labour Pass.
Singapore Miscellaneous Work Pass
- For Short-term employment or activities only
- Typically issued for qualified individuals speaking or related activities at seminars, conferences, workshops, or gatherings
- Religious workers who plan to speak at a gathering
- Journalists, reporters, and their crew members
- Learn more about a Singapore Miscellaneous Work Pass.