Singapore’s work visa for professionals wanting freedom of job options
Personalised Employment Pass also known as “PEP” is a type of Singapore work visa specifically designed for working highly-skilled professionals who would like the freedom of job mobility. The Singapore Personalised Employment Pass is considered a step above the normal employment pass due to its high salary requirements on the applicants and for not requiring the support of a company to obtain this work visa. However the Personalised Employment Pass does forbid it’s holder from owning their own business or company in Singapore making this pass not desirable for entrepreneurs.
Benefits of Singapore Personalised Employment Pass
- Eligibility for Singapore Permanent Residence
- Ability to sponsor family members for Dependant’s Pass
- Ability to support other dependants with Long Term Visit Pass
- Ability to be unemployed for up to 6 months without revoking of visa
We make doing business in Singapore easy
Submit your registration or application
We simplify preparing and filing documents
You will receive documents for your completed registration or application
Singapore’s Personalised Employment Pass Visa
Why apply for a Personalised Employment Pass?
The Singapore Personalised Employment Pass is considered the path to Permanent Residency
The Personalised Employment Pass is the most desirable pass for working professionals who do not engage in entrepreneurial activities. A PEP holder can be a director of a company but can not be an owner of the business. The main benefit of having a PEP is the ability to take off up to 6 months between jobs without risk of losing your personalised employment pass. The Personalised Employment Pass is considered by many to be a clear path for obtaining Singapore Permanent Residency. Learn more on Singapore Permanent Residence.
Eligibility for a Singapore Personalised Employment Pass
What is required to obtain a Singapore Personalised Employment Pass
The PEP applicant must meet a strict criteria to receive a Singapore Personalised Employment Pass. The most significant of which is the minimum fixed salary requirement of $144,000 per calendar year if the applicant is currently employed in Singapore, if they are currently employed outside of Singapore they will be required to have a minimum monthly salary of $18,000 per month. The applicant for the PEP can not be employed by their own company or take part in any entrepreneurial activities. Though most candidates currently hold an Employment Pass thus have the education and work experience already established, new foreign applicants should also hold a degree from a recognised institution and have adequate work experience.
Updating of Information is required during the duration of the PEP
Personalised Employment Pass holders are required to keep their records current, below are the required information:
- PEP holders must notify Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower of their employment at all times
- In case of un-employment MOM must be notified within 7 days
- PEP holders must inform authorities of their local contact details
- Within 30days of the end of each year PEP holder’s must declare their annual salary
- Any changes or renewals of personal travel documents must be submitted to MOM
Singapore ID Card Replacement
- In case of lose of a PEP it must be reported to the Singapore Police
- Apply for a new ID card with MOM
- In case of changes to your residence, you must inform MOM
Renewal of a Personalised Employment Pass
Personalised Employment Passes can not be renewed
A Personalised Employment Pass is issued for 3 years and can not be renewed. If the PEP holder wishes to become a Singapore Permanent Resident it is recommended they apply prior to the expiry of their PEP. If the Personalised Employment Pass holder decides they do not want to apply for Singapore Permanent Residency but would like to remain working in Singapore it is advised they apply for an Employment Pass.
Other Singapore Work Visa Types to Consider
Singapore provides a variety of work visas, passes and permits for many different needs
While we usually recommend qualified foreigners wishing to live and work in Singapore to apply for an Employment Pass there are several other Singapore work visa options
Singapore Employment Pass (E Pass)
- Must meet salary requirements to qualify
- Possess a degree from a recognised institution and/or
- Adequate relevant work experience
- Ability to support Dependant’s Pass for family members
- Ability to support Long Term Visit Pass for other non-dependant’s pass qualifying family members and loved ones.
- Learn more about a Singapore Employment Pass.
Singapore Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass)
- Specific requirements on the applicants company must be met
- Applicant must be 30% shareholder or more of the sponsoring company
- Ability to support Dependant’s Pass for family members
- If P1 or P2 level you can support Long Term Visit Pass for other non-dependant’s pass qualifying family members and loved ones.
- Learn more about a Singapore Entrepreneur Pass.
Skilled Labour Pass (S Pass)
- Designed for mid-level skilled workers
- Singapore does impose a quota system on S Passes issued
- Requires a minimum salary of $2,200 per month
- Learn more about a Singapore Skilled Labour Pass.
Singapore Miscellaneous Work Pass
- For Short-term employment or activities only
- Typically issued for qualified individuals speaking or related activities at seminars, conferences, workshops, or gatherings
- Religious workers who plan to speak at a gathering
- Journalists, reporters, and their crew members
- Learn more about a Singapore Miscellaneous Work Pass.